As a kid I remember going out to breakfast at a local diner in Virginia with my Grandfather. Every time we went I always got the same thing, an omelette. To this day when I go out to grab breakfast or have some time on a Saturday or Sunday morning it’s still my “go to” way to start the day.
Lately I’ve been playing around with some ways to make the traditional omelet more AWESOMElette (oh shit, that was terrible wasn’t it?). Well today I bring that “playing around” to you.
If you give this recipe a shot post to the comments below and let me know what you thought.
- 1½ tablespoon extra virgin olive or coconut oil, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 bunch watercress, trimmed, rinsed and excess moisture squeezed out
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, finely chopped
- 4 large free-range eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 avocado, pitted and sliced
- 1/3 cup smoked salmon, roughly chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat ½ tablespoon oil in a medium skillet, add garlic and jalapeno and cook, stirring for 30 seconds; add watercress and lemon juice and cook until watercress has wilted, about 3-4 minutes. Season lightly, sprinkle with dill and transfer to a plate; set aside.
- Wipe the skillet clean, add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and return to the heat. Pour the beaten eggs into the skillet and cook over medium heat for about 2-3 minutes, or until the omelet begins to set lightly. Use a spatula to gently lift edges and let uncooked egg to underneath.
- Place the watercress, avocado slices and salmon on top of the omelet and continue cooking for 30 seconds; remove from heat.
- With a spatula, loosen the omelet, carefully fold in half and slide onto a plate.
- Serve immediately.
How to Create Your LimitLess Life (in 12 Acts)
Life can be your victory if you’re ready to challenge the limits of what you think is possible. Get started with my 12 favorite strategies for extraordinary living by entering your email.
Plus, act now and get access to the 8-week transformation challenge.