Before I jumping into this recipe I’d like for you to take a moment and just look at the picture of it. Just the site of it makes you weak in the knees doesn’t it?
I don’t do many recipes on the site but after making this bad boy I had to share. WARNING. Sit down or hold on to something tight when you eat it. You’re liable to fall over after taking a bite. It is that good.
- 2 ½ tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 large zucchini, spiralized and moisture squeezed out
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 4 large Portobello mushroom caps, gills removed
- 4 large free-range eggs
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and lightly brush or spray a rimmed baking sheet with olive oil; set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a medium skillet; add shallot and garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes over medium heat until softened. Add the spiralized zucchini and chopped chives cook gently for 2-3 minutes, until just tender. Season and transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Brush liberally the Portobello mushrooms with oil and season with salt and black pepper. Wipe the skillet clean, add 1 tablespoon oil and cook the mushrooms for about 3 minutes per side, or until tender, turning carefully. Do not overcook.
- Transfer caps to the prepared baking sheet and fill with the zucchini noodles. Using a spoon, make nests in the middle of the zucchini and carefully crack an egg into each one. Arrange grape tomatoes around the mushrooms and drizzle with a little olive oil. Sprinkle with the chopped thyme.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes, or until the eggs are cooked to the desired doneness. Let cool for 5 minutes, sprinkle with chives and serve garnished with fresh chives.
PS: If you liked this baked egg recipe let me know in the comments below. Should I be doing more recipes on the site?
21-day transformation challenge and live limitless toolkit
Build a body and life you’re proud of without the gym, kitchen, or overwhelming fitness bullshit taking it over.
As a bonus you’ll get access to my best 12 strategies for living a limitless life.