Before I jumping into this recipe I’d like for you to take a moment and just look at the picture of it. Just the site of it makes you weak in the knees doesn’t it?
I don’t do many recipes on the site but after making this bad boy I had to share. WARNING. Sit down or hold on to something tight when you eat it. You’re liable to fall over after taking a bite. It is that good.
- 2 ½ tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 large zucchini, spiralized and moisture squeezed out
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 4 large Portobello mushroom caps, gills removed
- 4 large free-range eggs
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and lightly brush or spray a rimmed baking sheet with olive oil; set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a medium skillet; add shallot and garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes over medium heat until softened. Add the spiralized zucchini and chopped chives cook gently for 2-3 minutes, until just tender. Season and transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Brush liberally the Portobello mushrooms with oil and season with salt and black pepper. Wipe the skillet clean, add 1 tablespoon oil and cook the mushrooms for about 3 minutes per side, or until tender, turning carefully. Do not overcook.
- Transfer caps to the prepared baking sheet and fill with the zucchini noodles. Using a spoon, make nests in the middle of the zucchini and carefully crack an egg into each one. Arrange grape tomatoes around the mushrooms and drizzle with a little olive oil. Sprinkle with the chopped thyme.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes, or until the eggs are cooked to the desired doneness. Let cool for 5 minutes, sprinkle with chives and serve garnished with fresh chives.
PS: If you liked this baked egg recipe let me know in the comments below. Should I be doing more recipes on the site?
How to Create Your LimitLess Life (in 12 Acts)
Life can be your victory if you’re ready to challenge the limits of what you think is possible. Get started with my 12 favorite strategies for extraordinary living by entering your email.
Plus, act now and get access to the 8-week transformation challenge.