So truth be told I’m not exactly Bobby Flay in the kitchen but every once in a while a miracle happens and I’m able to make something outside of my standard grass-fed beef, mixed veggies, and coconut oil go to meal.
When I need a little meal variety I call on my home girl Dailia for some kitchen inspiration. She also takes care of the cool photos that you see here. My photography skills do not extend past my iPhone 5.
If you’ve been following the site for a while now you know that I often write long, detailed, and well researched articles. Every time I write a post my goal is for you to say “Damn, I don’t need to look anywhere else to answer my questions.”
Well today is not one of those posts. Instead, you’ll be getting a quick and easy recipe so that you can take some guess work out of how to eat healthier.
Limitless has existed for almost three years now and I’ve been fighting every email asking me to include recipes on the site. Luckily I’ve got some great people I can ask to help me out with this NEW and exciting section of the site. I’m super stoked to release the first of what I hope will be many AWESOMEsauce recipes to come.
So without further ado, I give you how to make huevos rancheros with green beans
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (use olive oil cooking spray if on a weight-loss diet)
- 1 pound frozen green beans
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 2-3 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 (10-ounce) can crushed tomatoes (or 3 ripe tomatoes, peeled and diced)
- 4 large eggs
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 slices turkey bacon (optional)
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet, over medium-high heat. Add garlic and green beans, cover and simmer for about 10 minutes, or until tender.
- In a medium saucepan heat the remaining olive oil, then add jalapeno and shallots and sauté for about 2 minutes, or until softened. Add paprika, cumin and cayenne, stir and add the crushed tomatoes. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the sauce thickens, about 8-10 minutes.
- Combine tomato sauce with the cooked green beans, season to taste and heat thoroughly.
- Break 1 egg at a time into a small cup and slip onto the tomato and green beans mixture. Season with salt and pepper Cover and cook 3-5 minutes, until eggs are done according to taste.
- Sprinkle with chopped fresh coriander and crumbled turkey bacon and serve immediately.
- Nutrition facts per serving: (254 g)
- | calories 208 | total carbs 16g | protein 10g | total fat 12g | cholesterol 211mg | sodium 168mg |
P.S.: Want more great recipes like this and still be able to build a Limitless Body? Join hundreds of others that are taking advantage of the Limitless365 Fitness Program: Building Healthy Habits for Busy People
21-day transformation challenge and live limitless toolkit
Build a body and life you’re proud of without the gym, kitchen, or overwhelming fitness bullshit taking it over.
As a bonus you’ll get access to my best 12 strategies for living a limitless life.