Every now and then I like to have some friends stop by and drop some awesome nuggets on you guys. Well, this is no exception. Get your abs and your grub on today with a taco recipe guaranteed to blow your mind.
Shred Your Butt Tacos: A Los Paleo Recipe
They’re absolutely delicious, but with ingredients such as beans, rice, tortillas and sour cream, there’s no way that tacos can be considered paleo…
…or can they?
With a little work, you can make tacos not only paleo, but abso-freaking-lutely delicious. I’d like to introduce you to the Shred Your Butt Tacos – pork butt tacos that are as good as they sound.
Put on your apron & lets start cooking!
Shred Your Butt Tacos
This recipe for “Shred Your Butt Tacos” is absolutely delicious. With a mild flavor, this recipe serves 2 (you can always make more), but before you get to cooking, you’re going to need a few ingredients:
- 2 cups shredded pork butt, cooked
- 1 head boston lettuce, leaves washed and separated
- 1/2 cup carrot, shredded
- 1/2 cup purple cabbage, shredded
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 mango, sliced
- fresh cilantro
- 1 lime, juiced
- sea salt, to taste
- In a small to medium size saucepan warm pork over medium to medium-high heat. Be sure to stir the meat so it doesn’t burn on the bottom.
- Carefully tear leaves off the head of boston lettuce, wash and pat dry with a paper towel then set aside.
- Spoon warmed shredded pork into boston leaves.
- Top each pork taco with shredded carrot, shredded purple cabbage, 1-2 slices of avocado, 1-2 slices of mango each and finish it off with 1-2 strips of fresh cilantro.
- For a quick hit of citrus, squeeze a few drops of fresh lime juice from a lime on top and a pinch of sea salt.
- Serve and enjoy! 🙂
As mentioned above, this serves two, but if you’re like most people, you might want to make a few more once you realize how tasty these are (plus it’s a sure-fire way to make some new friends).
Let us know if you’ve tried the recipe in the comments below.
Justin, Joel, and Marla
8-week transformation challenge and live limitless toolkit
Build a body and life you’re proud of without the gym, kitchen, or overwhelming fitness bullshit taking it over.
As a bonus you’ll get access to my best 12 strategies for living a limitless life.