If you are looking to get into the better shape but consider yourself a bit of a noob to exercise, bodyweight training is a great place to start. There is no reason you need to have a gym membership in order to find your Superhero identity. Body weight circuit routines can be extremely effective at burning body fat, provided you are willing to push yourself and work with a little gusto baby! My apologies, I get a little excited about this stuff.
In this routine I will assume you have minimal to NO equipment and need a place to start. In this circuit routine you will work your way thru each exercise one at a time until all the exercises in the routine are complete..
Your goal should be to complete the circuit 2-3 times. If you feel good and think you can do more… by all means get at it! Once you have worked up to performing this workout out for five (5) sets it’s probably time to step up your game.
5-10 minutes of movement to work up a little sweat, loosen up, and get your heart rate up. DO NOT neglect this. Warming up is very important in order to avoid injuries. Jog in place, mountain climbers, jump rope, push-ups, sit-ups, run your home stairs, perform burpees, box or stair jumps.
- 20 walking lunges
- 10 table inverted rows or paint can rows
- 20 air squats to target
- 10 push-ups
- 20 Sit-ups
- 10 stair runs/walks (use your stairs at home) *up and down the stairs counts as on
How To Perform The Workout
- Complete all six (6) exercises in a row with 30-60 seconds of rest after each exercise
- Once you have completed one (1) full circuit or all six (6) exercises in a row rest 90-120 seconds and repeat
- Complete 2-3 full circuits total
- Try performing this workout 2-3 times per week (i.e. monday, wednesday, friday)
Important Note: Working out effectively is NOT a substitute for eating poorly. Proper nutrition should be your first priority.
Best of luck… let me know how it goes.
21-day transformation challenge and live limitless toolkit
Build a body and life you’re proud of without the gym, kitchen, or overwhelming fitness bullshit taking it over.
As a bonus you’ll get access to my best 12 strategies for living a limitless life.